Old June 28th 12, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike McCarron[_2_]

Default Looking for Libelle information.

At 22:43 25 June 2012, 914Driver wrote:

Hello all,

New guy here. I recently bought a Schuemanized Libelle and would like
more information on these ships. I heard there were only nine
manufactured, but I can't find that in writing anywhere. Because the
nose is closed up (CG tow hook now) air into the cabin is slight, I'm
curious how others have dealt with this.

If anyone here has information or a point of contact for these, I'd love
to hear from you.

Thanks, Dan

--
914Driver

Dan,

Before you take your first flight in your 301 you might want to first of
all have a highly experienced instructor in your club make a test flight in
your glider to make sure there are no surprises, Next that instructor
should fly with you in one of your club gliders and let you know what
differences you might expect during your first flights. That instructor
should also be able to evaluate your skills and make any necessary
recommendations prior to your making your first flight.

You might also talk to other pilots in your club with CG hooks on their
single seat gliders and ask about their experiences in transitioning from
the club gliders.

Good luck,

MC