Old August 28th 03, 07:10 AM
Richard Lamb

"Capt. Doug" wrote:

Badwater Bill wrote in message The half snap on the back side of the loop

was a good idea

I wish I'd have thought of it. :-)
The ailerons were ineffective even with the spoilers assisting. So I kicked
hard rudder. At that slow airspeed, the rudder travel isn't limited. The
swept wing snapped faster than Sister Mary Holysmoke can hit your knuckles
with a ruler.

Can you imagine making that recovery inverted?

This is something I've pondered. During mach tuck, the shock waves cause the
nose to pitch down despite the control inputs. If I went inverted during
recovery, wouldn't the inverted nose pitch up? Then the plane would
decelerate, the shockwaves would dissipate, and control would be regained.

D.

Sounds like it might work.
If the wings stay on...
(negative G limits?)