Old April 16th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Discus 2A FS

Just wanted to say that I bought Wells' LAK-17a and am very pleased with the
condition of the ship. It was everything he described and more. There have
been no unpleasant surprises. I would highly recommend buying a ship from
Wells.

"YourNameHere" wrote in message
Bruno,
I went out a couple of weeks ago to snap a bunch of additional photos of
the Discus on request and realized that based on condition,equipment etc.
I couldn't come lose to replacing it with anything comparable.
I have owned a good number of sailplanes over the years (ASW27s, Venti,
LAK-17, Genesis, Mosquito, SZD-55) and as far as Schempp-Hirth gliders go
this Discus 2a is the nicest of the bunch.
Performance is great.
Handling is incredible.
Quiet, even at redline. Best sealed of all the gliders I have owned.
Smooth ride on final glides and expected the opposite thinking it would be
a rigid wing as compared to the ASW27.
Best equipped (trailer, rigging aids, panel)
Everything works

The only reason I am considering selling is that I still want to own a
long wing glider at least for a while.

If anyone would like to see the photos, sent me an email and I'll send the
link.
Wells

wdmorse3
veri***zon**
**dot**
*net*%%%%

On 4/15/2012 6:40 PM, Bruno wrote:
If we wait a few more weeks will we see the price go up more to
$80K? The price is going in the wrong direction...either way,
best of luck on the sale. It looks like a very well-kept ship.

Bruno - B4