Old November 4th 14, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bobmckellar

Default Soaring club billing software

On Monday, November 3, 2014 4:28:33 PM UTC-5, Bob Caldwell (BC) wrote:
Hi Pilots,

I recall there was a piece about this in SOARING mag several years ago but I couldn't find it in the archives. Does anyone have any info about this? Our club would like to update how we keep our records, bill our members, collect our money, accept credit cards, keep track of aircraft hours and communicate in general. Etc. etc.

Please email me if you can help. Thanks.

Bob rcaldwell at ponderosa-assoc dot com

QuickBooks is certainly capable of handling a club's finances. However, don't be under the impression that this will increase security. QuickBooks is notorious in the accounting community for poor audit trails and security in general. It is mostly suitable for handling your own money, not someone else's. I strongly support online banking access for someone in addition to the treasurer. Recent events in the soaring community show you what can happen.

Bob McKellar