Old June 10th 15, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dittel Internal Battery Replacement Cost

My Dittel radio stopped working this spring so it sent it out. I was told that it was the internal battery had died and needed to be replaced. The final cost was $380 which included three hours labor and an inspection. I was quite surprised at that number. And three hours to replace a battery & inspect? Do those numbers seem reasonable? This was my first foray into avionics repair so maybe I'm just naive.