Old June 10th 15, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_2_]

Default Dittel Internal Battery Replacement Cost

At 13:22 10 June 2015, wrote:
My Dittel radio stopped working this spring so it sent it out. I was told
t=
hat it was the internal battery had died and needed to be replaced. The
fin=
al cost was $380 which included three hours labor and an inspection. I

was
=
quite surprised at that number. And three hours to replace a battery &
insp=
ect? Do those numbers seem reasonable? This was my first foray into
avionic=
s repair so maybe I'm just naive.

What Model?
Please be more specific than "not working". Internal batteries usually have
a 10 year life.

As I recall, internal batteries on radios are there to hold memory of
stored frequencies etc. Not sure if that qualifies as 'not working'.

Nonetheless, $380 sounds a lot, and it should not take 3 hours to replace a
bettery.

Perhaps you should mention the shop in question.