Old November 1st 15, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Weight & Bal Calc ASK-21

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 7:21:27 AM UTC-5, Casey Cox wrote:
I found these pages from the manual which are much clearer and, easy to print graph.

http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/w...TM35_US_HB.pdf

Question for anyone:

How does one calculate or develop what I've seen called (Wedge), (Level Line), (Incidence Board)?
To ensure the fuselage is level, and in this case for the ASK-21 is 1000:52. And also in this case there is no reference of exact placement. Wouldn't it change the level if the board is more forward or more to the rear?

If you generally follow the diagram it ends up on the straight taper of the tail boom which is pretty long and non critical.
Measure the length of your level, multiply by .052, and make a spacer that dimension.
QED
UH