external usenet poster

Default Weight & Bal Calc ASK-21

Or, as we said in the Air Farce: Measure with a micrometer, mark with a
grease pencil, cut with an axe. I don't think we had supercomputers
back then...

On 11/1/2015 7:35 AM, GeneReinecke wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 6:22:23 AM UTC-7, Casey Cox wrote:
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 7:21:27 AM UTC-5, Casey Cox wrote:
I found these pages from the manual which are much clearer and, easy to print graph.

http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/w...TM35_US_HB.pdf
Question for anyone:

How does one calculate or develop what I've seen called (Wedge), (Level Line), (Incidence Board)?
To ensure the fuselage is level, and in this case for the ASK-21 is 1000:52. And also in this case there is no reference of exact placement. Wouldn't it change the level if the board is more forward or more to the rear?

Here is wording in another manual;
The horizontal reference line is the centre line of the fuselage tail cone or a 1000 : 45 wedge template levelled out on the top side of the fuselage aft portion

It is always easier to use a professional to weigh your glider. However, per my owner's manual, I did the math (1000:45/2) on a 50" piece of 2 x 4, cut the smaller piece (approx. 2.25 in) and duct taped it at a right angle. I then took the glider and my assy to our local A&P. He had a fancy digital incidence scale in addition to good aircraft weight scales. Although we went with his methodology, I was happy to see me homemade incidence taper was dead on. Design with a supercomputer, measure with a micrometer, cut with a sawzall...
Cheers
Gene

--
Dan, 5J