Old September 9th 18, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default 2018 Dust Devil Dash September 8th

On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 6:26:51 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
Three pilots on tracker. Tom Serkowski well ahead, floating towards Humphrey Peak at 12k ft. I'm pretty sure more people flew, really wish I knew where Kevin way was...

I was away from home, and not in the Dash. Apparently the weather was a little better than the forecasts looked even a day ago, and some people got to 10,000' before leaving. It was primarily a downwind dash to the East.
Spoke with Tom Serkowski in flight. He eventually landed in Flagstaff, AZ. So did Kevin Wayt.
Helped Joel Garris off the runway at Jean, NV.
Niv Levy landed at Needles, CA.
Bill Lanningham at Bullhead City, AZ.
More news to come.
Jim