Old July 1st 05, 05:21 PM

The first Contest Day, Wednesday we had an AST to Kramer, mansfield,
Creston, had to cross a blue hole 4 times, causing 5 landouts, Rex
Mayes, Brian Milner, Paul Cordell.......Garret Willat won the day, Dick
Butler, Heinz Weissenbuehler, Gary Kemp, Nelson Funston. Good thermal
9 kts, to 9000 feet just west of Kramer, and many people down to 1500
feet or lower at Mansfield, I never got above 5000 feet going to
Creston.

Yesterday, was Dick Butler aboutr 86 mph, Nelson Funson, Heinz, Gary
Kemp..........AAT to 7 Bays, Waterville, Wilbur, around 290 miles, very
good lift, downwind to 7 bays I averaged 110 mph as did the others.
Garret Willat tried to go too far into the last turn and landed there.
Very good day.

Gary Kemp