Old September 4th 04, 04:42 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"SelwayKid" wrote in message
om...
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

ink.net...
"SelwayKid" wrote in message
om...
"Iwan Bogels" wrote in message

Dear aviation enthusiast,

Over the years we have collected loads of spectacular video footage.

This
includes about 100 video clips with aviation mishaps, accidents and

crashes.
Today we have opened http://www.dappa.nl/crash.htm which shows the

first 15
videos. More videos will follow soon, so keep checking for updates !

Best regards,

Iwan Bogels & Tieme Festner
DAPPA

I visited the site and hope to see more of the clips. I find them to
be of instructional value in accident prevention. There are clips I
have seen in the past and have not been able to find since. Hopefully
they will be available with your research and efforts.
R. Kemp CFII/RAM

These people are in no way whatsoever even remotely involved with
aviation flight safety. By their own word, they exist solely for the
purpose of enhancing their "hobby" of aviation photography. A crash to
them is nothing more than an opportunity to record the sensationalism
involved which is exactly what they are doing on their web site.
I see not ONE publication on their site that could be linked to the
subject of flight safety.
I suggest that if you want to view crash photography that IS related to
flight safety, you purchase a copy of "Zero Error Margin" by Gen Des
Barker, a book on air safety that weighs 7 pounds and is the complete

snip....
Hey Dudley
Thats cool if we disagree. However, reading a 7 pound book takes a lot
longer than seeing some of the clips. It doesn't matter to me how or
why the clips were obtained unless they engineered the
accidents/incidents purely for prurient interest. The fact remains the
accidents/incidents happened and were captured on film, then gathered
in one place for those of us who don't have time or desire to wade
through any 7# book. Like you, I've been involved in aviation for
about 50 years. We've exchanged credentials and I think have mutual
respect for them so its a matter of personal opinion based on our
personal experiences.
The fact that so many people want to see these clips, regardless of
their personal reasons or motivations indicates a tremendous interest.
The clips work far better than trying to replicate them on a
blackboard or with hand gestures. I feel they are a great training
aid.
Best professional regards
R. Kemp
and definitive account of the air safety issues involved with many of
the videos and photographs these two people are putting up for viewing
on their site without any reference at all to the flight safety issue.
I've been involved directly with flight safety issues for fifty years
and am in fact deeply involved with Gen Barker's book on airshow safety.
I know the people involved in the safety business, and these two are NOT
pushing flight safety!
Please understand I have no problem with you having an opposing opinion
about what these people are presenting. I just don't agree with you.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired

For personal email, please
replace the at with what goes there and
take out the Z's please!
dhenriquesZatZearthZlinkZdotZnet

like you guys to take this off USENET though