Old December 26th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Noel

Default Seeking advice- checkride tips

In article ,
Terence Wilson wrote:

I'm scheduled for the instrument check-ride in a couple of weeks. I
feel like I can perform within the PTS, but I'm a little" rough around
the edges" and prone to at least one stupid screw-up per flight, most
of the time I catch the screw-ups myself and fix them in a reasonable
time.

That said, I was wondering whether the experienced contributers here
might offer some advice for the day of my check-ride. My main concern
is that I might be so nervous that I bungle the easy stuff.

Best,

Terence

The night before my instrument checkride my CFII put me through a simulated
checkride. I totally messed it up, I pretty much did everything wrong.

The next day I nailed the checkride (that's my story and...).

For me, it worked to leave the screwups for practice and then just relax on
the checkride and have fun.

Good luck (and, fwiw, relax)

--
Bob Noel