Old May 6th 04, 04:24 PM
Georg Holderied

Rory O'Conor wrote:

..
Everything works fine with the voltage
reading above 12v. The LX5000 starts to run into
problems if the voltage indicates 11.8v, and dies if
the voltage falls below this.

According to Filser the LX5000 works down to 8V where the vario quits.
The computer stops working when voltage drops to 4.5V .

I optimistically assume that the LX20, Radio and T&S
might work down to about 10v, but I would like my
LX5000 to keep functioning.

We've had the problem of a LX5000 doing lenghty resets after
using the starter motor in a DG500M.
We've added a 9,6V 300 mAh nicad with diodes that charge it from
the 12V battery and power the Filser during brownouts.
The LX draws ca. 300 mA with speaker off.

We've had the LX running off the Nicad for a while with no problems
except a low battery warning.

George