Old March 28th 14, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Wilkins[_2_]

Default MH370: Malaysia releases satellite analysis

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message
Given that there is intense interest in China , Malaysia and amongst
operators of the 777 I doubt people are going to lose interest that
quickly. The search for AF-447 started in June 2009 and the wreckage
was finally found in April 2011. Its probable that the first phase
will end in the next few weeks if for no other reason that winter in
the southern ocean is fast approaching. However I would expect a
similar phase II search involving oceanographic reserach vessels to
commence in the pring or summer.

Keith

This is the free-swimming robot submarine that found AF 447 in the the
Mid-Atlantic Ridge:
http://www.whoi.edu/page.do?pid=38144
http://boingboing.net/2011/05/06/air...447-how-s.html
"On April 3, researchers spotted the plane's debris field, 13,000 feet
down, smack in the middle of a massive underwater mountain range."

jsw