Old June 7th 18, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 3:13:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:

My father recently passed away and owned a 40 year old Lark Two Place Sailplane Model 1S28B2...

It is likely that an experienced glider person could invest in repairs and refurbishment for a glider of that type and make some money on it. However, there is a considerable risk that further inspection will reveal deterioration or damage that would cost more to address than the aircraft is worth, and your investment in refurbishment would be lost.

My advice would be, unless someone in your family has the experience to thoroughly assess the glider, sell it as-is and where-is. Get what you can and move along. Don't drag it out. Honor your father's memory, not his relics.

--Bob K.