Old April 21st 05, 01:49 AM
Dan Horton

Gang,
I believe Mr. Campbell was inside S&F at least one morning of the
2000 show.

I arrived at my airplane about 15 minutes after dawn to find a
person in the midst of a photo session. The cockpit cover had been
removed, dew was dripping off the wing into the rear cockpit, and all
my flight gear was in a pile on the wet grass. I was ****ed. After a
few words I went to find security, but the mystery man was gone when we
returned.

I made no immediate connection with Campbell, as I had no idea what
he looked like at the time. After returning home I read some Zoom
discussion on RAH and realized the likely identity of my visitor. I
think I posted my suspicion to RAH back then.

Nope, can't prove a thing. The guy was 5'9", maybe 5'10", thick
torso, bearded, with hair and beard color brown going gray. I was
facing into the sunrise, so his face was shadowed and under a hat brim.
He was wearing one of those bulging safari vests popular with
journalists, and was brandishing a very fancy camera. When I asked if
he was with a magazine, his response was "No, but I have a website".

Does this fit Campbell circa 2000? To the best of my knowledge no
dawn photo of the airplane ever showed up on the net.

Dan