Old April 3rd 16, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
N97MT

Default (US) New Process for Student Pilot Certificate Issue

Yup. Based on my experience with my daughter in IACRA almost two years ago, under the old rules, it was pretty clear to me that this would happen. See RAS post "New Student Pilot certificates".

All they need to do is change the IACRA app to allow Student Pilot application dates up to x number of days before first solo and endorse the certificate "NOT VALID UNTIL (age eligibility date)".

Curious to hear what the actual turnaround time will be. FAA says 3 weeks. I don't believe it yet.