Old August 21st 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default Learning to spray paint

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

"cavelamb himself" wrote

I second the HVLP approach.
Mine is a $90 Harbor Freight cheapie that I've used for the last 8 years.

It makes very little overspray, and works fine.

I should add that there is not enough tea in China to make me spray a
fuselage with an airbrush, when I could fill the quart HVLP gun one time,
or perhaps two, and do it all. The waste factor difference would be very
small, indeed.
--
Jim in NC

Agreed. Time has a value. Personally, I'd use one of the little HF touch
up guns. Handy, inexpensive, and can be adjusted to provide a fairly fine
spray pattern.

Another thought is using a brush (Horrors, I know ;-)). No overspray and
you get very good control of where the stuff goes.

An earlier suggestion about having someone else look it over when you're
done is a winner. There are probably 1001 nooks and crannies in a fuselage.
You will miss some.

KB

Tommy taught me to set up bright lights all around the subject
and to watch the paint in the glare.

Worked for me...