Old August 21st 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Learning to spray paint

"Kyle Boatright" wrote

Agreed. Time has a value. Personally, I'd use one of the little HF touch
up guns. Handy, inexpensive, and can be adjusted to provide a fairly fine
spray pattern.

Yep, I have atouch up gun too, but I don't know of a HVLP touch up gun, so I
have found they have a lot more overspray. That is the biggest drawback, to
me.

An earlier suggestion about having someone else look it over when you're
done is a winner. There are probably 1001 nooks and crannies in a
fuselage. You will miss some.

Yep. That is why I like a spray instead of a brush. g Along with the
having someone else look for misses, another best suggestion is to get
plenty of light. LOTS of light. So many lights, you get as many as you
think you need, then triple it!

The key here, is to always have a light source so that it will reflect off
of the surface and to the eye. You HAVE to be able to see these reflections
to know if it is going down thick enough, if it is missing a surface, if
there is a run, and if ...... You get the idea. Light, and lots of it is
key.
--
Jim in NC