Old March 14th 05, 03:51 AM
Charlie Wolf

I'm a retired enlisted airdale (CPO) so I have absolutely no basis for
an interest in this story ---

What a marvelous yarn....
Regards,

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 03:13:13 GMT, Gord Beaman
wrote:

"Mike Kanze" wrote:

Although off-topic and long, I thought the below interesting enough that
this group might enjoy. It is a good illustration of the complexities of
operating the large tilting aerodrome (even when not at flight quarters),
the value of knowing your stuff, and classy leadership.

I do not know personally any of the protagonists in this story. Rather I
received this from Roger Picquet, a classmate of mine from our Midshipman
days at the University of California, Berkeley NROTC unit.

After a stint as a skimmer, Roger left the Navy for the law and is now a
Superior Court judge in San Luis Obispo County, California.

Very interesting Mike!...and that's from an AF guy too!...