Old August 10th 14, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default A proposal to increase membership, cross-country pilots,competitors, and world champions (USA).

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:23:43 PM UTC-6, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I still maintain that soaring flight simulators (like Condor) that are widely available and approachable would help. They can reduce training time. They appeal to youth. They can be used whenever there is a spare 1/2 hour with no commute and no wait. They are inexpensive. They enable online instruction.

I would like to see the SSA try a pilot (no pun intended) program to support something like this, and track results.

Matt

Scott Manley demonstrated this as presenter of the Barnaby Lecture last year. Others have hopefully seen Scott's SSA Convention presentations.

As I commented in another post, a STEM cored glider pilot ground school curriculum would be a nice addition.

Frank Whiteley