Old October 20th 15, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Giacomo

Default Some good news

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 10:59:52 AM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:34:10 PM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:

When the pilot bailed out his parachute leg straps were not buckled...

It was reported elsewhere that the pilot landed within 1 km of Route 16, and so I bet he landed in a tree.

I wonder if the unbuckled leg straps facilitated exit from the harness? Following a stream might have got him downhill to Route 16, but bushwhacking in NH is difficult due to dense undergrowth.

Kudos to pilot for keeping his head and self-rescuing!

To combine quotes from OLC and Billy Madison... "I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul"

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...Id=-2096417488

last location is my landing spot, the glider is a bit more than a mile due east from where i touched down.