Old April 16th 04, 04:57 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

Tony Cox wrote:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Tony Cox" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I suspect the results would have been more illuminating had
they included the Libertarians and Greens as options.

How so? They'd both be included in the 19.79% that voted independent.

Because "Ind." it isn't "Independent", its "Individual candidates/issues".
In any case, I don't think of the Libs or Greens "independent."

I'd have expected those who chose Libertarian would be
a substantially higher proportion than the general population and the
Greens substantially lower. Pilots are a self-reliant independent bunch,

Sounds to me like pilots are a lot like farmers, sqawking for the gumbit
to cut their taxes and stay out of their "self-reliant" way, while
refusing to acknowledge (even to themselves) the massive government
spending, protection, and subsidies that make their activity
economically feasible.

(ducking)