Old October 26th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default Replacing innertubes without replacing tires?

I've done it. No problem, my advice is to use talc powder inside the
tire. Use
plenty and the "new" tube will slip in the old tire with no hang-ups.

You can do it!

Terry
N6401F

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
I picked up a set of airstop-style tubes in my last AC Spruce order.
was reviewing tire maintenance procedures and saw a recommendation
that
you not re-use innertubes because they set slightly stretched and
there's
a risk of pinching or folding them when they are reinstalled.

So, considering these tubes are new and my tires are decidedly NOT,
would
I be "wasting" the new tubes on the old tires, or would it be okay
reuse them on a future new tire?

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/