Old December 5th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

Default FAR for owner oil change

On 12/05/06 06:31, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"BT" wrote in message
43.3(g) states that any rating other than a sport pilot rating may perform
preventive maintenance.
Preventive Maint items are spelled out in Apdx A, (c), items (6), (23) and
(26).
Dont' forget to make teh log book entry, sign it with your name and
certificate number.

BT

I'm trying to remember back to when I got my PP certification what I was
taught that would in any way make me more qualified to change the oil in an
airplane.

I'm drawing a blank.

During my training, I learned that I could perform certain maintenance tasks,
but was not given any information about how to perform them. I would think
these tasks could be different depending on the airplane, and the maintenance
manual for the specific airplane should be followed.

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA