Old February 29th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

Default 28 years, 9000 hours

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

Unless Dick's missions changes a lot (and it may) a C-172 or Warrior
wouldn't be able to do the trips he does. He's used to flying across
the country in the turbo altitudes with FAA approved known ice. A
C-172 isn't a reliable year-around cross country (literally) machine.
Flying 1000 miles in the P-210 is routine. Flying 1000 miles in a
C-172 is an adventure.

Yeah, I figured that if Riahard Collins' mission changes, it would be less
hours of the same type of flying so he'll need a more capable machine. I was
commenting on owner/pilots in general that don't fly as much but are still
spending 15 AMUs a year keeping their bird in the air.

Marco