Old March 5th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS

Default Insane Legal System - was SR22 Crash

"Matt Whiting" wrote

Doctors can do nothing without patients. I guess then that all medical
malpractice is the patients' fault, right?

Engineers can do nothing without clients. Therefore, all structural
failures are the result of the folks that hired the engineers to design
the structure, right?

No - neither of those are reasonable analogies.

We are talking about frivilous lawsuits, and my point is that they are
brought by plaintiffs, not lawyers. Trying to put the primary blame on
lawyers, the courts, or judges is along the same lines of dodging personal
responsibility that helped to get us into this mess in the first place.
There would be no frivilous lawsuits without plaintiffs who are willing to
lie and cheat - the plaintiff in every case is in the best position to know
whether they are being truthfull and honest, and if they are placing blame
where it belongs.

What you seem to be saying is that it is OK to sell your soul to win at
something that is morally wrong to be involved in in the first place, as
long as you didn't set up the rules. You seem to feel that if someone else
made the rules for the game then it's OK for you to ignore everything you
should know about fairness and moral behavior just to get some easy money.

I don't happen to feel that way.

BDS