Old September 27th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

Default Continental Airlines Racist

On Sep 27, 5:30 pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.uccs.edu/~wpc/

Normally I just skip right by your screwy stuff, but just for the
helluva it I checked this link out.

At first I thought it was bogus (I mean, really -- a conference called
the "White Privilege Conference"?) but it appears to be legit.

I have to admit, that really *is* one of the most racist things I've
ever seen -- and it's sponsored by a respected university. Scary that
this kind of stuff goes on in America...and with gobs of corporate
sponsorship, no less.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

"Mission: The Conference on White Privilege serves as a yearly
opportunity to examine and explore issues of white privilege,
diversity, multicultural education, multicultural leadership, social
justice, race/racism, sexual orientation, gender relations, and other
systems of privilege/oppression. It provides participants the
opportunity to get honest about the type of society in which we live,
and the advantages that accrue to some but not others. The conference
offers a means to develop and sustain ongoing work to dismantle this
system of white privilege, white supremacy, and oppression."

Why is this so racist and scary?