Old May 21st 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

Default CHEROKEE LANDS ON STINSON: ALL OK

On Tue, 20 May 2008 14:46:17 -0700 (PDT), Tina
wrote:

This will do nothing to settle the low wing vs high wing argument,
will it?

What puzzles me is I'd have thought the Stinson had to be on the
runway well ahead of the Piper, and although the Piper had right of
way shouldn't the other airplane have been visible? The runway may
have had the same color intensity as the Stinson, but it was a
different hue.

A slow airplane accelerating for take off, and a faster one
decelerating for landing, it takes just an awful set of circumstances
where the two paths converge at the same time on the runway.

If the reports of a two way CTAF exchange are true, both should have
been exactly aware of the other, as in "in sight", before landing or
departing.

That's why both may get to do command performance rides.

I would NEVER accept the ROW to enter the runway from an aircraft I
didn't have in sight, and I wouldn't land after giving it away, if I
didn't see the pilot I gave it to. I've heard too many errorred
position reports, way too many.