Old May 30th 12, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default Aero-retrieve WING-RUNNER

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:26:53 PM UTC-7, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Several pilots have asked me to build them a copy of my WING-RUNNER. It assembles by inserting 2 pins and slips over your wing tip, held in place with good old duct tape (provided). Keeps the wing tip about 6" off the runway/grass/gravel/short weeds! Collapses to 8" X 2" X 2" for easy storage
Put it on the up-wind wing, climb in and hold full stick away from the down wing. The ship will roll straight as an arrow on main, tail and WING-RUNNER. You can't tell its on there (no yaw into the wheel can be noted) E-mail me for photos. $99.95 and I pay the shipping.

Years ago I called for an aero-retrieve using our rather weak club cub tow plane. No wing runner available, so I put the left wing domn and aimed the nose 30 degrees to the right, climbed in (holding full right aileron),told the tow pilot to hit it. My LS-6 went from 30 degrees right to 30 degrees left and I was about to nail a runway light when the left wing finally came up......WOW, there's got to be a better way! + half my tip skid was ground off!

That's when I developed my first WING-RUNNER tip wheel. The next year I landed at Butte Co. that has a 40 foot wide runway. No wing runner (again) so I put the main wheel 10 foot inside the right runway lights and my left wing with WING-RUNNER, 10 feet inside the left runway lights. Climbed in (holding full right aileron), told the tow pilot to hit it! She rolled straight down the runway and presently, the left wing cam up and I was back at the contest site in time tor a cool shower and a hot dinner.
Cheers,
JJ
PS, I collapses down to 8" X 8" X 2" (not 8 X 2 X 2)