Old May 22nd 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Prop sync and noise in twins

Dudley Henriques wrote:
We had a Cessna 337 on our line for charter use at one time. It had a sync
gauge. Strangely enough, whenever I had occasion to fly this bird I always
ended up syncing the props by ear. You could easily feel if one of them was
out even by a small amount of RPM.

The C-402s I used to fly had a prop syncrophaser but I never knew it to work.
The ear, OTOH, never lied. I never thought it was much of a problem to synch
twins. I'd have to ask my father about how they synched the props in the
Connies and C-54s.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com