Old February 23rd 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZZ

Default PDA power consumption

AK wrote:
Can anyone tell me what a typical power consumption for a PDA is? I
got ipaq 3950, but I guess they all must all be close.

Hi AK,

I have carefully measured the current draw of each piece of equipment on
my battery in my ASW20. A few things to keep in mind are...

1. My PDA is a HP iPAQ model 2215 with a standard battery, not the
higher AH battery that is available.
2. The PDA battery is being charged by the 5 VDC tap from my Cambridge 302A
3. I have a Cambridge 303 talking to the 302A.
4. I am using a 14 VDC battery.

The measured current draws are...

Cambridge 302A/303 with PDA disconnected: 80ma.
Cambridge 302A/303 with PDA connected and turned ON: 280ma.

I seems that my 2215 requires about a 200ma charging current.

I hope this helps.

Paul
ZZ