Old May 19th 14, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Vertica V2 (Avier) vs Oudie?

Hi Nick,

It is my understanding that the Oudie 2 has a faster processor and firmware
or hardware that allows for faster screen updates.

The Oudie is supplied with many accessories and cables and adapters for
connection to a wide variety of soaring instruments. I think the V2 comes
with very few accessories.

The Oudie is supplied with SeeYou Mobile software pre-installed. Buying the
license is optional on the Oudie 2. If you buy it from me I install the
license key for you. The Oudie IGC is only available with the license
pre-installed. Many customers are not technical types and really like have
the unit arrive ready to fly with all the software and waypoints and
airspace installed.

I believe that the sunlight visibility of the Oudie 2 and Oudie IGC and
Vertical V2 is identical.

I'm not sure you're correct that the Oudie cannot run multiple applications.
I have never heard that.

The only advantage that I'm aware of for the V2 is that it has 2 serial
ports. However, to have that it uses a somewhat rare high-density mini-USB
connector. Larry Goddard and I have been unable to find mating connectors
for it here in the USA. But we have found some in Europe. That makes
cables for it more expensive, but we do offer cables for the V2.

The Oude is hugely successful with over 5000 sold around the world. That
makes it easy to find someone at the gliderport with the same device - which
makes it easy to get local support.

I work hard to support the Oudie and SeeYou Mobile extremely well. I don't
sell the Vertica V2. Naviter also supports their products very well.

Those are some of the reasons why the Naviter Oudie has been so hugely
successful. It really is a great and reliable product.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Nicholas L" wrote in message

Can someone comment as to Sunlight readability of the Vertica V2 in
comparison to the Naviter Oudie 2?

I have read that the Vertica can run multiple applications at once while the
Oudie only can run one. The gps accuracy of the Vertica is supposedly
better.

Are there other features of the Oudie that make it a superior choice to the
Vertica / Avier?

Nick