Old May 19th 14, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Vertica V2 (Avier) vs Oudie?

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:42:55 PM UTC-7, Nicholas L wrote:
Can someone comment as to Sunlight readability of the Vertica V2 in comparison to the Naviter Oudie 2?

I have read that the Vertica can run multiple applications at once while the Oudie only can run one. The gps accuracy of the Vertica is supposedly better.

Are there other features of the Oudie that make it a superior choice to the Vertica / Avier?

Nick

I bought a new "sunlight readable" Oudie about a year ago with the understanding that I could install other software (XCSoar, LK8000 etc,) on itas well.
The short story is that it can be done, one at a time and yes it is somewhat risky as unless you are a real competent computer geek which I'm not things will get screwed up. The matter affect I screwed this up so bad that I needed to send it back to Richard at Craggy who managed to reinstall SYM on it and than I just left it alone.
I since than bought the Vertica2/Avier PNA and installed WinPilot, SYM and XCSoar on the sd card and I have to say all works as advertised.( I for one prefer WinPilot as long as it is being supported which it is not! than XCSoar and my very last choice is SeeYou mobil in that order) The sunlight readability is about the same as Paul Remde mentions above. The fact that the versatility is superior to the Oudie makes the Vertica2?Avier a much better choice.
6PK