Old June 4th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

I guess you're not going to inform me. I have personally flown into all
of these that you mention, except Cliff Dwellers, which I'm not sure
even exists anymore. In any case, none of them is "down in the canyon."
None of them is even within the Grand Canyon National Park boundary,
though they are close. I will say that even some real pilots, impressed
with the scenery, have thought they were in the Grand Canyon when
flying into Marble Canyon airport, but they were not. Thanks, but I
don't need your help. BTW, I know the answer to your original question,
but what's the use.

Mxsmanic wrote:

I should think that any real pilot would already have the references at hand,
but if you need help, here are four airports in the canyon:

Marble Canyon
Cliff Dweller's Lodge
Tuweep
Grand Canyon Bar Ten