Old June 6th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default American decline in tech was: ENvironmentally Friendly ...

"kontiki" == kontiki writes:
kontiki Well for SIX MILLION dollars, it better be able to be
kontiki done.

$6M...isn't squat these days. If they can develop a prototype at that
cost it's amazing.

kontiki Anybody can throw money at a problem and eventually come
kontiki up with something that works.

Really?? Rather, anybody can throw money at a problem, and...keep
throwing money at it. Like sending a flight loads of ca$h to Iraq
[http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1734939,00.html and many
other refs].

To actually solve a problem, regardless of money, takes insight and a
modicum of intelligence. As an American and engineer I'm seeing less
and less of both here, and it ****es me off. But we got about half
the country thinking our decline is caused because the other half
doesn't pray. Science? Engineering? Rational thought? That's for
the weird-sounding foreigns, 4-eyed geeks, and far-left libs. No, we
just need to return to God and Jesus and everything will be fine.

--
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing
it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.