Old September 14th 04, 10:50 PM
OXMORON1

Default Special EWO School

Circa 1968 the USAF ran a special school for "Special EWO" positions. In short
the students got a quickie EWO course, got a suffix on their AFSC, went to SAC,
which allowed the release of skilled EWOs to move out of B-52s into hot slots
such as Weasels, EB and EC aircraft.
The "Special EWO" class appeared to be the "Kiss of Death" for a career path.
I lost track of a couple of my students who got exiled to "Special EWO"
positions and have wondered if truly was a hex on their careers.
Anyone ever meet a graduate of the "Special EWO" program? Ever know one of
those poor souls to get beyond Captain?
The one student that I did reccommend for "Special EWO" class needed out of
Mather fast. His class standing could have gotten him into Nav-Bomb or regular
EWO or maybe a ATC slot. The pregnant Col's daughter got him out of Mather via
the "Special EWO" pronto.

Rick
MFE