Old September 15th 03, 06:58 PM

David O wrote:
I stand corrected. I recall hearing that number (1hp) on some
special and thought it was extremely unlikely. You gotta admit that even
1/3 hp for a long time would be a serious workout. People tend to not
have a feeling for how much power a light bulb takes until they work on a
treadmill.

: More like 0.4 hp (300 Watts) or perhaps even a bit less, Cory. The
: best Olympic caliber endurance athletes max out at about 0.6 hp (450
: Watts) of sustained power output. My 380 (or so) Watts got me to the
: to the US Olympic cycling trials in 1976 but I didn't make the team.

: At 50, I still storm my 30 year old racing bike over the mountains of
: north Georgia, but my extraordinary aerobic capacity went south about
: 10 years ago, along with my reading vision.

: David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *