Old September 15th 04, 06:56 AM
Krztalizer

Again BTW in Bob Brahams' book he mentions shooting down a 177 in
daytime over France - poor beast was apparently stooging around the
home drome when Braham and his RIO saw it - their Mosquito had no
problem with the 177.

If the text isn't too lengthy, would you mind relating the story? I am not
familar with it. I know I have his book somewhere, but they are all in
storage. The interview with the FW 190 pilot that shot him down was
interesting. The thing that stood out when I read it some time ago was the
author's humility and grace concerning his own near-fatal error in combat with
handled with flat honesty. It was a riveting book and I wish I could find it
to read that passage you mentioned.

The daylight role of the Mosquito over the Reich is really fascinating - Braham
weaves a great personal history of his time in that maelstrom.

v/r
Gordon