Old March 12th 21, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Campbell

Default Mylar Project

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 11:38:27 AM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 8:55:09 AM UTC-5, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
This tool is useful in removing the adhesive from the wings. Read instructions and don't press too hard.

Amazon
3M Stripe Off Wheel Adhesive Remover Eraser Wheel Removes Decals, Stripes, Vinyl, Tapes and Graphics 4” diameter x 5/8” thick 3/8-16 threaded mandrel 07498 Pack of 1

https://www.amazon.com/Stripe-Wheel-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

I purchased one after reading that it was the greatest thing ever for removing adhesive. I found that it did not work well on the adhesives used for seals.
Other results may vary.
UH

I will mention that I have always had great success in removing the adhesive by first laying on a narrow piece of bedsheet (1/2 inch or so). Due to the adhesive, it will stick in place. Then small amounts of genuine 3M Adhesive Remover to wet the sheet. Let soak (as in keep moist) for five minutes in summer, ten or so in winter. The adhesive will then "plump" up to about four times thickness, to the consistency of thick gelatin, and remove very easily with the plastic "razor blade" I mentioned in previous post. Yes it is a bit messy, but you get all of the adhesive without any possible damage to the wing from a rubber wheel or a chisel.