Old May 4th 05, 03:54 PM
Michael

Thomas Borchert wrote:
botched the ILS so badly he pegged the GS needle. It made me
understand why the accident rate was what it was.

And that had to do with the model airplane you were flying in which

way?

See my other reply in the thread. In short, it demands significantly
more of the pilot, despite the fancy avionics - and it's more than the
average low time pilot is consistently capable of.

I didn't bring up the comparison, the poster I answered to did. And a

1965 Bo, while a nice plane, is still a *1965* Bo.

And still a faster, roomier, better-flying airplane than the Cirrus. I
would much rather have a 65 Bo that had been gone through and cleaned
up than I would a new Cirrus. I know a very nice one for sale for
$125K. You can add glass and weeping wings to it, and still come out
for less than half what an equivalent Cirrus would cost you.

All Arrows suck compared to either Cirrus or Bonanza. Thing is,

when I
fly with people in their Arrows, I don't have to bail them out.

Oh Bull!

No, experience. I do a lot of recurrent training for people, and I
quite often fly right seat wing Angel Flight pilots when the weather is
more than they feel they can handle. As a result, I probably have
30-40 hours of dual given in actual IMC to those who are already rated
and own their airplanes. And you know - I've never had to bail out
someone who owns an Arrow, or a Cherokee, or a 172, or anything else
like that. Bonanzas, Twin Comanches, Mooneys, and the Cirrus are a
different story.

Look, I don't want to fight over this or defend anything. But the

sales
numbers are there. You can't debate those.

The sales numbers are there. Unfortunately, near as I can tell most of
them are being sold to low time pilots who have no business in them.
Those who have been around for a while don't see the value. That says
something too.

Michael