Old September 18th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303

Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

I researched this on the internet at some length, and there is one
independent review that notes the screen as brighter than ordinary
PDA's. I've never seen any PDA screen specification that tells the
brightness.

My conclusion was without searching one out and comparing it myself it
wasn't worth the risk, too much $$$. Now I'm waiting for SeeYou to
port to WinCE which seems to be the most viable solution to the issue,
and at a very low cost. Say $250 for a device with GPS and then
whatever SeeYou want's for the software, I expect there will be an
upcharge. I'm hoping for January 09.

On Sep 17, 4:42*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Bill,

I just searched the TDS page below looking for any indication that the
screen is sunlight readable and I couldn't find anything. *Perhaps I missed
it. *What gives you the impression that it is brighter than any other PDA?

Paul Remde

Has anyone tried one of those ruggedized PDAs in the cockpit, like
the TDS Recon. In theory it fixes the too dim problem.

http://www.tdsway.com/products/recon