Old December 16th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default For Sale - Katana Xtreme Motorglider

On Dec 16, 11:01*am, wrote:
We are talking about a hard wired limitation in the aircraft type data
sheet, like "Aerobactic Flight Prohibited". * it is not a TBO or a
suggestion. it referes to section 6 of the AMM, which has a whole lot
of stuff that has to be replaced. *We spent 30K and did not replace
the engine.

Wow! I read the TCDS and then downloaded the maintenance manual and
read through section 6.1. Anyone thinking of buying one of these
could have a nasty surprise if they were not familiar with this.

thanks

Andy