Old June 26th 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Discus 2 Optimal CG location

On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 3:35:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 09:29:27 UTC+12, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Monday, June 25, 2018 at 1:19:00 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I fly my 2B about 90% aft empty, but often don't add much tail water when ballasted. Often no tail water, especially in wave. Lead and a brass tail wheel helps with that.

I've found the WB a little unusual though as you need to measure the arms. They are a little different to the manual. I wondered if the wheel is supposed to be jacked somehow during weighing. Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Are you measuring with the tail on the ground? The glider should definitely be in something resembling flying attitude, though how that is defined for any particular glider is outside the scope of general W&B instructions.. The instructions for any particular glider will be in its maintenance manual.

Of course it is weighed in the correct SH specified attitude.

Then I didn't understand your "I wondered if the wheel is supposed to be jacked somehow during weighing". What does it mean?