Old August 29th 18, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default Pre Pan-American and 2018 Canadian National Gliding Competition

I've done four Canadian Nationals now and paid the Transport Canada fee each time. It's not really very difficult (they take credit cards over the phone) and it's easier than complying with the requirements of some other countries (France made me get a full medical exam for example). This is all part of engaging in an international sport. Deal with it.

Also, the official looking document you get from Transport Canada is helpful with US Customs and Border Service when returning to the US as it convinces them that you didn't buy that big white thing behind the car in Canada. I have found Canadian Customs are much friendlier going into Canada than US Customs are on the way back.
ROY