Old December 17th 13, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Stratus / Foreflight ADSB

On Monday, December 16, 2013 5:19:35 AM UTC-8, jfitch wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:44:21 PM UTC-8, 6X wrote:

iPad can be used with iGlide, Winpilot iOS, or a few others, and integrated with a Butterfly vario and probably many others, if a WiFi bridge is used.

Yes - I misplaced use of the word "data" I meant that it was my understanding that the Stratus traffic data stream couldn't be integrated into any known glider nav system. By this I meant the more typical ClearNav, LX9000, Oudie glide computers that can accept Flarm NMEA output, though I think this is also true of iPad-based Nav apps as well. You may be able to run both Foreflight and iGlide or WinPilot on the same iPad but I don't believe that you can integrate the Stratus ADSB traffic data into the glide program for integration with the Nav display. Therefore you'd be left with having to switch between apps to go between normal Nav mode and traffic monitoring mode.. Probably not ideal. It's unclear to me whether Stratus has an open API that would allow a programmer to take this on.

9B