Old September 11th 18, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Accidents resulting from medical issues

I retired at 58 or 59, but I'm still flying at 70.Â* No end in sight.

On 9/11/2018 10:27 AM, gkemp wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 7:33:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 7:15:10 AM UTC-7, pete purdie wrote:
The problem is that incapacitating events are only loosely correlated with
age.

My friend started asking me to be a safety pilot in his Mooney when he reached his mid 80s. After one flight, he said he would be away the following week. "I'm going skiing" he explained.

I flew for almost 40 years and always had said I would retire at 70, I did!! I do miss it but don't regret it.

Gary Kemp "NK"

--
Dan, 5J