Old November 8th 04, 11:43 AM
Cub Driver

In contrast, I'm not so comfortable with "deep breathing" to maintain a
higher oxygen saturation. In accomplishing this, you are almost
certainly decreasing the carbon dioxide in your blood, and that can make
you dizzy, lightheaded, anxious, and/or confused.

Thanks. That's a good description of what happens to tourist skiers
when they begin to hyperventilate at high altitudes.

(It was my impression though that they got there by panting rather
than by taking deep, measured breaths.)

I am off to Aspen next month. I'm going to try to forget this thread.
It's not good to be self-concious about one's breathing!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com