Old March 30th 05, 04:24 PM
Dudley Henriques

Hi Quill;

You are exactly correct. MS sent this survey out to the beta team with
comments before releasing it to the public. It's simply a tool to determine
the type of sim activity favored by the end user so that MS can concentrate
on the areas of interest rather than going off in a direction that will
waste both their resources and the communities computer resources.
With a program as interest diversified as MSFS, they have to compromise with
where they want to go with it and are caught naturally between the market
base and average available computer resources available to the end user.
Dudley
"Quilljar" wrote in message
stevej wrote:
Call me cynical, but I think MS might be looking at how many add-ons
people have installed and are using this information to evaluate if a
2006 version is commercial viable. My view is nope it aint !

Steve

Well you're cynical Steve! So there I've said it!

I think they are looking to get some idea of the type of customer base so
that they can concentrate on the most commercially viable improvements for
the next issue. I have been involved in market research and that is what I
would do. Personally, I have answered the questionaire because I welcome
the chance of some input direct however small.

Cheers,

Quilly