Old May 31st 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air Expo 2006 - Cannon AFB - Clovis/Portales, NM

Jack,

In early June we are having the Thunderbirds at Hill AFB in Utah for a
two day airshow and would like to display a glider here as well. It
may be too late at this point but I'd like to try. What was the
process you went through to get permission? How much literature did
you get from the SSA?

Dan Wrobel

Jack wrote:
The Air Force is still active. There is another mission coming to the
site, but no announcements have been made. There is active construction
on base and a pretty good attitude among those who are here. The local
builders and bankers seem optomistic. My neighbor is an engineer for
base housing and that sort of thing. He says he wouldn't be here if the
base was closing...

That's as much as I've heard.

Jack Womack